#18081 05/27/08 12:29 PM
R
rich Offline OP
Forum Member
OP Offline
Forum Member
R
Hi all

I'm looking for a polarisable (and flexible) water model that is implemented in CHARMM. Can someone please point me in the right direction? And give any good references?

Regards
Rich

Forum Member
Online Content
Forum Member
Google. Or try the search function of these forums. Or your favorite scientific literature database.

Lennart Nilsson
Karolinska Institutet
Stockholm, Sweden
R
rich Offline OP
Forum Member
OP Offline
Forum Member
R
Hi Lennart

I've searched the above places and found several models that are polarisable (ie. SPC-FQ, TIP4P-FQ), but non appear to be polarisable and flexible.

Regards
Rich

L
Forum Member
Forum Member
L
Polarizable *and* flexible? There's the AMOEBA model, but it's not implemented in CHARMM.

If you want to use CHARMM, I believe there are only TIP4P-FQ and my SWM4-DP and SWM4-NDP models. They're rigid models, though.

You know this website, right?
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/models.html

Guillaume Lamoureux
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
http://faculty.concordia.ca/glamoure
R
rich Offline OP
Forum Member
OP Offline
Forum Member
R
Hi Guillaume

Thank you for the input. I know of the website you cited and of the rigid polarizable water models you have created.

Can you tell me if work is being done in developing a flexible and polarisable water force field for implementation in CHARMM? As I'm looking at ion solvation and believe that a flexible model is required for my work.

Regards
Rich

L
Forum Member
Forum Member
L
Quote:

Can you tell me if work is being done in developing a flexible and polarisable water force field for implementation in CHARMM? As I'm looking at ion solvation and believe that a flexible model is required for my work.

Not that I know of. Do you have to use CHARMM? If you're dealing only with water and ions, you could use the AMOEBA model in TINKER or in Amber.

Guillaume Lamoureux
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
http://faculty.concordia.ca/glamoure
R
rich Offline OP
Forum Member
OP Offline
Forum Member
R
Hi Guillaume

Thank you once again for your input.

I'm using CHARMM primarily for the built in functions and that our research group primarily works with CHARMM, but I'll look into using TINKER or Amber and the AMOEBA model.

Regards
Rich

Moderated by  alex, lennart, rmv 

Link Copied to Clipboard