Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Forum Member
OP Offline
Forum Member
P
i am simulating a peptide in a membrane with periodic boundary condition. i wonder if i can save the forces exerted by the membrane (or water) on the peptide (or a sidechain or the backbone) into some file during the simulation? your kind help will be appreciated very much.

rmv Online Content
Forum Member
Online Content
Forum Member
Yes, but some knowledge of Fortran would be required; the USRACM routine in source/charmm/usersb.src allows users to add code that will be executed on every energy call (ENER, MINI, DYNA, ...). The atomic energy and force arrays are passed as args, so a good part of the work is already done.

Otherwise, you can re-calc the forces from stored coords and the same setup as used for the simulation (non-bond, periodic boundary, etc.). Note that for constant P simulations, the unit cell sizes are stored with each coord frame in a trajectory, so that they are updated as each coord set is read.

Moderated by  lennart, rmv 

Link Copied to Clipboard